“100!! I made it to 100!!”
Yes, Luke finally counted all the way to 100, it’s really amazing. But Luke’s grand accomplishment lead the boyz to another miraculous realization: Their 100th show is only days away.
August 17th at 8:00, the Altar Boyz hit the stage for the big 1-0-0 and they couldn’t be more thrilled. Seeing as it’s only five days away, we’ll be running down the boyz’ 100 favourite things about playing British Columbia. These faves are being fondly remembered from our BC tour in the winter, and the current Granville Island run.
Check out the first 20… after the jump!
100. Sleepy trips in the van after our shows in Surrey.
The boyz would pass right out on the ride home in the Van. Except Mark & Matthew. Mark was checking facebook on his iPhone and Matthew was blogging on his.
99. Our buddy Charles McEachern.
98. The fanz in Nelson.
97. Going out for dinner with our Stage Manager Louis.
Louis wanted Boston Pizza but the boyz were looking for something healthier. How WILL they all get along?!
96. Musical Director Sasha Niechoda’s pre-show pep-talk.
95. Musical Director Sasha Niechoda’s post-show notes session on funky harmonies which were not meant to drop the funk.
94. Realizing notes in the scripts were supposed to be made in pencil, only after marking them with a sharpie.
93. Waaaaay too many inside jokes.
92. Waking up at 7:00 in the morning to do blog posts.
91. Watching Matthew fail four times – in a single show – to get a girl to come up onstage with him.
90. Abraham doing a Catholic exorcism using a giant star of David.
The boyz are pretty sure this one would be cool with the top dawg at the Vatican. Pretty sure…
89. Posting fun notes on the twitter feed.
88. Lunches on Granville Island at the Public Market.
87. Louis’ French-Canadian accent when he is reading from the script.
It’s even more fun when he has to do lines like “We’ve got ten souls out there that are S. T. Rugglin’, ya feel me?”
86. Meeting for the first time on the first day of rehearsals… waaaaay back in December.
85. Sound designer Andrew Tugwell’s incredible patience.
84. The awesome crew at the Surrey Arts Centre.
83. Mark’s orange tour hair.
82. Juan’s pronunciation of the word “you” and the scowl that follows from Abraham.
81.Bill Millerd’s popped collar.
Check back tomorrow for our list from 80 to 69.