The boyz are hard at work in Vancouver on Granville Island dancin’, singin’ and doin’ photo shoots.
That means some hot new pics are on their way to the Altar Blog! Check this one of Abraham chillin’ before yesterday’s photo shoot. Abe ended up lookin’ totally wikkid in the pix and we can’t wait to show you.Here’s Luke and Juan. Juan loves him a smoothie when he ain’t breakin’ beats.
The BC debut of the Altar Boyz is right around the corner on January 15th. Got your tix yet?
The Boyz Get Down to Work
The Altar Boyz were spotted today at the Arts Club Theatre, shakin’ what the good lord gave them!
More to come tomorrow.
The Boyz have been spotted in Vancouver, preparing for their BC tour. Watch the Altar Blog for picz from fanz!
We hope you have a great holiday with your family full of funk and rhymz.
-The Altar Boyz
Twas the night before Christmas, when, for the first ever time
Not an Altar Boy was stirring, not even to rhyme.
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
By Mark, upset cuz the work messed up his hair.
The boyz were nestled all snug in their beds,
While visions of virgin-birth danced in their heads.
Juan in his sombrero, and Matt in a backwards cap,
finished working on moves, for a long winter’s nap.
When out on the lawn there arose such a clatter,
Luke sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
Away to the window he flew with much crunk,
Tore open the shutters to check out that junk. Continue reading
He’s the latino stallion
Here he is in his own words…
- I always: Do an hour of Flamenco-hip hop every morning to get the holy Juices flowing
- Favourite food: Mexican food of course! From chimichangas to Chalupas, and there better be many ‘Juan’-lapenos on there! (BTW I always say Grace before meals)
- Secretly I: say grace “after” meals as well….shhhhhhh…
- Favourite saint: St. La Bamba; He taught us to shake what the good Lord gave us.
- Hobbies: Praying (of course) and watching Antonio Banderas movies and acting along- just as hard as he does (He is so amazing!!!)
- Turn-ons: A women who can pour a whole bottle of hot sauce over her chalupa. Muy caliente!!
- I would describe my personal style as: Hot salsa wit a mix of AltarB-Boy!!
- I am an Altar Boy because: I owe a lot to the nuns who raised me. As well-who wouldn’t want to FUNK it up wit des Amasing Chicos!
- If I could perform a miracle it would be: to give the blessing of Holy co ordination to the Rhythmically Challenged.
- I can do a lot with: Maracas and some hair gel.
- Secular name: Vincent Tong
Find out just how spicy this altar boy is when the boyz hit the stage on January 15. Check out if they’re coming to your town on the tour and buy some tix.
Hey British Columbia!
Matthew here from the Altar Boyz. I was just chowing down on a bit of BC current events before me and the boyz head to Canada’s province least alike it’s name. Really, neither Britain nor Columbia are as wikkid as BC.
In my gobbling up of all things B-to-the-C, I found out about all of the snow you guys are getting. Looks like the Lord might up n’ bless ya with a white Christmas. Cool! To help you celebrate, I wanted to find something special to share with all you fanz out there, so I googled snow and Jesus. What I found is going to blow your mind.
Check out http://www.snowjesus.com and see how many Hail Marys you can do before he melts away.
Remember, me and the boyz kick off our Raise the Praise tour on January 15th in North Vancouver. Check out all of our Tour Stopz and book your ticketz today. Makes a great Christmas Gift!
He drivez the Boyz van
Here he is in his own words…
I can do alot with: The bible, and a beat.
Theme Song: You Can’t Touch This (until we’re married) – M.C. Hammer
Hobbies: Uhhh… is confession a hobby? Lets see. Hobby – An activity done regularly in ones leisure time. I guess so.
I would describe my personal style as: godly-ghetto-gangsta’. PEACE!
I am an Altar Boy because: They boyz said they needed someone to drive the van. Word.
Favorite Saint: St. Nike’ – Patron Saint of the Holy High-Top
Secular Name: Charles MacEachern
Yo Altar Fanz!
If you have a question you’ve been dying to ask the Boyz, visit our F.A.Qz page.
Just type your question in the comment box, and the boyz will be all about answerin’ your query, dog.
We’ll keep on rollin’ out more 411 on the Altar Boyz! Today, it’s Matthew.
leader of the Altar Boyz
- I might: take up pottery.
- Favourite Bible verse: I’d like to sum up my fave verse, Titus 3:5. “Don’t be all frontin’ on the Lord, yo. He all up and saved your soul cuz’ he’s cool like that.” Word.
- Favourite station of the cross: This question isn’t fair, girl. How could I pick just one?!
- Favourite saint: St. James the Greater for two reasons. 1) It’s pretty dope to have the word “greater” in your saint name. Kinda makes him like a Supa Saint. 2) Jesus named him one of the Sons of Thunder, which was the name of my dad’s Christian heavy metal band in the ‘80s.
- Favourite virtue: Abstinence. Actually, it’s more like patience, which is needed to deal with the other one, y’all.
- Favourite vice: Vanity. I know it’s a sin, but I don’t wanna meet the L-O-R-D with spinach up in my grill. Ya never know when he’ll stop on by.
- Hobbies: Turning out phat beatz with my broz, dancing up a storm in praise of the heavenly f-to-the-ather, and decoupage.
- Turn-offs: Another trick question… you can’t turn off the Altar Boyz, cuz we’re always on, girl!
- I would describe my personal style as: A funky blend of Justin Timberlake, Zac Efron and Nick Carter. But not weird “mushroom cut, bleached hair with roots” Nick Carter… I’m talkin’ about “Going on tour again so I gotta get me a six pack” Nick Carter.
- Secular Name: Jeremy Crittenden